Saturday, June 11, 2011

Taiwan Day 6 - 25th March 2011 Part 1

Wake up in Day 6, Friday morning to an even colder day. So cold that I want to just keep on curled up in my electric blanket. But I can't. Had an appointment with the rest to visit He Huan Mountain in the morning.
Breakfast was at 8am but since I'm already ready earlier on, I just enjoying the cold refreshing morning and taking some pictures.
Another picture of Starry House.
Morning view from Starry House.
Morning view from Starry House.
Morning view from Starry House.
Morning view from Starry House.
Lavender in front of Starry House.
Thermometer at the entrance. 3-4 degrees celcius.
Living room. The counter.
Living room, sofa.
Living room. Watching morning news.
Our breakfast. Yummy.
Our breakfast. Yummy.
Our breakfast. Yummy.
Before leaving to He Huan Mount, 李大哥 showed us some pictures of the stars that was taken by his customers during the summer/autumn. Really nice pictures.
More star pictures.
More star pictures.
More star pictures.
As we saw the news on TV that it's going to be uber cold in Hehuanshan, 李大哥 kindly let us borrow some of his winter jackets.
Don't get me wrong. We didn't go to Taroko Gorge. He Huan Mountain is within the area that was gazetted under Taroko National Park. This mark the border of the Taroko National Park while we were on the way to He Huan Mountain.
Well, bad news for me, as I have a bout of discomfort on my stomach and head, and feels like barfing. Maybe because of the pressure as we are getting higher, plus the breakfast and also plus the winding road and I'm seated at the back of the van.
At one point nearer to where we wanted to go. Stopped awhile to take pictures.
Really nice nice view.
Really nice nice view.
Really nice nice view.
Really nice nice view.
Really nice nice view.
Really nice nice view.
Finally reached He Huan Mountain at 3158m above sea level. We really did not regret adding this unplanned itinerary to ours. The views here are breathtaking. We really enjoyed our time here. Even the really cold weather and occationally strong wind.
Date: 25th March 2011 at 10.40am.
Current temperature: 2.6 degree celcius. After we take, it went down to 2.4.
We were back to Starry House at 12pm. The journey down also not a good experience for me. So, when we reached Starry House, I told myself that I really need to force myself to barf, to make myself better. And I did it. It does get a little better. And then off we go after saying farewell to 李大哥 and his family. We head down to Puli first for lunch.
Jason our driver and tour guide brought us to this stall selling 大腸包小腸 that he recommended. But we just had sausages only. Not bad. I am still not over the barfing thing, so I request for the washroon for my second round of throwing up. And yay, finally over the unwell period.
Jason then brought us to this place for lunch, which he claimed cheap and nice. I'm not sure where it is as I wasn't really looking at the route. If you want to go, just call the number. Apparently they are famous of their roast chicken which they roast in a huge ceramic pot under a fire feuled by wood.
Had bamboo shoot soup as appetizer.
The roast chicken. Very nice.
The whole food. 7 of us eating. Cost us NT150 each only. Cheap and nice.
After lunch, we head to Formosan Aborginal Cultural Village which is the second unplanned itenary for all of us. With thick fog everywhere, Jason suggested go to Formosan Aborginal Cultural Village instead and make just a brief stop at Sun Moon Lake via the cable car.
More of that in Part 2 of Day 6 which will include our time at Formosa Aborginal Cultural Village and Fengjia Night Market.
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment