Friday, November 6, 2009

Cyril Takayama!

As a child of the 80's, I grew up in the time where David Copperfield was famous. Then, I started to have interested in watching magic shows, although I didn't have much chance.

Come beyond the year 2000, I stumbled upon some clips send by others in the mail about this amazing magician. Haven't had a clue on who he was. Saw him again with "THEM." Still doesn't know his name until recently, found loads of his street performance in Japan on Youtube. He is CYRIL TAKAYAMA!

I'm really impressed with his magic abilities. He did something that I have never seen in other magicians before and I wonder how it is just an illusion and not real. I woudn't compare him to other magicians like David Blain or Criss Angel because they have different kind of magic but he is in a world on his own.

Few weeks ago, I was in a video store in Kuala Lumpur and I found a dvd on Cyril's street performance in Japan. Quickly snapped it without hesitation. In there were loads of his amazing magics which some keeps on amazed me until now. Too bad most of it in Japanese and there's no subtitles :p.

Most notable performance that he can do is bringing out burgers/food from posters and eat it, then put it back half eaten. This is my favourite. Another similar instance is that he made a tap using a marker pen and stuck it in a poster of a cola drink. The cola literally flows out when he opens the tap...and it's a real thing!

Cyril can do magic in lots of different way such as card tricks, coins, telekinesis, flying and a lot more and I can't wait to see what he has stored for us in the coming future. I wouldn't be surprised if he can do something that is really impossible.

There's not much to say on whether Cyril touched my life.. but he has set a standard of magics that I'm going to expect in the future, not only from him but also from others.

A legend in the making..or is he already one?

CYRIL: Simply Magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment